There are various ways you will be able to keep bugs away while you are camping. Here are some of these methods:
- When choosing a campsite, make sure that you look for places that won’t attract bugs, or don’t have any. Stay away from places near anthills or trees that are susceptible to bugs. Stay away from standing water or rotting logs, as a lot of mosquitoes and bugs love those areas. Look for places with a good breeze as well.
- It’s best to build your campfire near your tent that it can keep bugs from going into it, but at the same time won’t set fire or cause any danger to your family.
- Before leaving, check your tent. Look out for any small holes or rips that small bugs can enter from while you are sleeping. If you see any, you can use tape or other tent sealing products that will help seal those holes and have bugs stay away from your tent.
- If you are in the campsite already, it’s best to get in your tent as soon as possible without leaving the tent flaps open, whether you are out or inside it. Do NOT drink or eat anything inside your tent. If you will store any food, make sure that are contained in tight containers.
- Always keep your campsite clean and without any trash or food lying around. Not only is it an eyesore, but a feast for ants and more bugs! If you have any leftovers, keep it in tight containers to avoid the smell and taste from attracting bugs.
- It’s best to bring out additional products such as buy insect repellents and spraying it to your tent. Do NOT spray it inside your tent, as well as light and candles inside it. This is to avoid any poisoning from the repellant or danger from lighting fire into your tent. It’s also best not to spray perfume or any scented products, as it also attracts insects. There are other products you will be able to invest on before your camping trip in order for you to be ready and get rid of those bugs. Mosquito coil, lanterns or even nets to put over your tent will help! You can find any of these being sold online or in any local shops.
- If you don’t have any repellant, then your can use garlic or onions in order to let the bugs stay away. Another method would be to spray vinegar around your tent. But you will need to stand the smell a bit if that’s okay with you! Coconuts will also do great. Wash yourself with coconut soap or wash, as these also help with bugs.
- Investing on skin cream and lotion in order for bugs to stay away from you. You can find cream with sunscreen, perfect for summer. It is available in any store online or near you.
- Always stay hydrated and wipe off sweat, as insects are attracted to sweaty or humid bodies. Drink water, make sure you are cooled down and be hygienic. When sweating, change your clothes or wipe yourself down.
- When you are about to sleep, make sure the lights are off, as this attracts bugs. You can also use a mosquito screen over your tent or as a blanket for bugs to stay away.
- Before planning a camping trip, it’s best to check the weather beforehand. If it just rained or is about to rain, then it’s best to postpone it as the rain would attract bugs.
- When camping during hot summer days, it’s best to wear long sleeves and pants to avoid the bugs that will irritate your skin or bite.
And these are some of the ways you can prevent bugs from coming into your campsite or irritating your skin. These are very easy to follow, and you’ll be able to do these in no time. They are also affordable, and you won’t need to spend a lot to keep the bugs out of your fun camping trip!
When it comes to camping, you’ll want to make sure that you are safe! This is so that you’ll have a great time without experiencing any discomfort. One of the things you need to do would be to learn how to keep bugs away from your campsite. This is very important to avoid you or your loved ones from contracting any sicknesses or irritation while camping. You wouldn’t want to ruin your trip because of nasty bugs! While they are something you’ll need to face, you can still get rid of them with these methods. Hopefully, these ways on how to keep bugs away from your campsite will be able to help you have the fun experience when camping. So what are you waiting for? If you’re planning a camping trip, make sure you prepare these things and follow the methods on how to keep bugs away from your campsite.